Thursday, October 30, 2008

Game on

As some of you know, we've had weekly family breakfasts for over a year now. On saturday mornings my kids and grandkids all come over to the house (and sometimes special guests) for breakfast. We've had as many as 14 for this gathering...

A quick aside....

My daughter's (#1) marriage has broken up, my son-in-law already has a new girlfriend - someone he met at work. Now of course, there were all of the assurances that this woman had nothing to do with the breakup, but I was born at night, not last night. But whatever.

Things weren't going very well for them for some time, so I don't view it with anything but some sadness. I do however, think my daughter will be better for it, as well as the grandkids.

So, daughter #1 and the grandkids are moving back into my house. And it's been an adjustment for Patti and I, we were empty nesters for about 6 months or so. And we were good at it!

But it's pretty cool having our daughter and the grandkids around - good kids all! But I digress...

We suspended the weekly breakfasts for the month of October so Patti and I could get the house ready. Moving our office (nice while it lasted) and making it the kids room, and converting our guest room into a room for our daughter. Plus the actual moving of all her crap!

So this saturday is the return of the weekly breakfast. And this news was received pretty enthusiastically by all.

I miss the breakfasts, they are a lot of work for me (the cook!), but I really don't mind. It really has changed our family dynamic. We're all much closer and meeting every week, just for an hour or so, it has really made a difference.

I hope most of you can conjure up an excellent family time, perhaps over Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners. Well, that's what it's like for us. A lot of laughing, talking, the kids running around - good stuff. The best part is we don't have to wait a whole year in between!

Two stratas on deck for saturday - (kinda like a casserole) plus fresh fruit (always!), juice and coffee....
mmmmmmm.... breakfast......
m.

No comments: