Thursday, July 3, 2008

miscellany

I heard from my son on his honeymoon. (is that weird?) He called me to let me know they are there ok and give me an update on how amazingly cool the cruise ship is, and get my Dad's number in Florida so they can visit after the cruise. They'll be snorkeling, dolphin swimming, rock climbing and roller blading. I was exhausted just listening to the itinerary.

The wedding went very, very well. The kids looked really, really happy. The wedding was at 11 with a reception immediately following. Which was amazing. I hate when there are hours in between. We were home by 4:30 and the kids boarded a plane at 6:45 to begin their honeymoon.
Really very well done, the kids handled themselves with great grace and I was so very proud of both of them.

Another cool thing. I saw my 2 year old grandson out on the dance floor. He did the cha-cha slide with his mom. It was effing priceless. YMCA was great too. He was stomping, jumping and raising his hands it was brilliant.

Had some plumbing fun yesterday. And things snowballed from there. Right now we're facing the breaking up of our basement floor, replacement of a floor drain and a broken pipe, and the re-doing of our sewer run to the street. I'm waiting on the estimate, this is gonna hurt!

Pants. Does that denote the whole garment? Or just a leg's worth. If you need a new 'pair' of pants it describes both legs right? There is a 'pant leg', is that half of pants? Just curious.

Thongs. I love 'em, Patti hates 'em. I don't know what I like better. The look of them, or the thought of them under a garment. Just sayin'.

Hail, Hail the long weekend baby!
m.

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Ouch on the plumbing. We're having electrical work done next week, but thankfully only to the tune of $500. Not great, but doable. Good luck with your stuff.