Tuesday, August 12, 2008

counting it down again

ok, just 3 and 1/2 days left...

And another week of vacation is here!!! whooohoooo!!!!!

Yes, I know, I just had one. (like a month ago)

And I worked my ass off.

This one, is just for fun. We're gonna do what we want, when we want. Or not. Patti and I are really good at doing very little! Patti can be reading, I'll be puttering around the house. It works for us.

We are watching the grandkids for a couple days, shouldn't be a big deal. Daughter #1 is going to North Carolina to visit some friends. Other than a couple of little projects (self imposed and if they get blown off it'll be no surprise)

I want to build a mirror for our upstairs hall. I've considered using maple, but I think I'm going to go with oak or mahogany. Simple clean design, shaker-ish. Both would look good, it kinda depends on how dark Patti wants the finished product.

But that's really it.

Daughter #3 returns to school for another year of pharmacy grad school. (2 of 4)I think she misses her friends and her apartment. And I think she really enjoys living alone. It's been really nice having her around, and we'll miss and worry about her when she leaves, but it's what she needs to do. Next year this time, she'll be half way through, one more year academics, 1 year internship/rotations. Then she'll be out in the world a PharmD. Man, I am so proud of that kid.

ah, summer....
m.

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I love vacations where nothing is expected and it's just nice if something does get accomplished, but otherwise, it's good either way.