Tuesday, March 4, 2008

random thoughts

It was nearly 60 degrees here (!) yesterday. All the dirty snow melted away!!! Excellent!!!

It's 30 now and an ice storm is coming! er, ok, I guess bring it on!

As some of you know Patti and I are going through our dvd collection in alphabetical order. So this weekend was the Matrix movies. Ok, the first movie is really very good. Holds up very well and the story has a nice arc (beg, mid, end) Great special effects and and interesting, engaging story.

The next two movies. Just shit. They got caught up in their own bullshit for those two. So many conversations - 'I know you are, but what am I?" 'you know the answers, but need the questions'. Obtuse, contradictory dialogue doesn't make you deep. It's just stupid. What a ridiculous mess. And they made metric assloads of money on those.....

Finally, Patti and I are not sick!!! We both have a bit of a lingering cough, but it's nice to be in the land of the living again. February was a blur, and not in a good way.

I need some sunshine. I want to open up the windows in the house. It's been so bleak and so gray I really would love to see a bit of spring. But that's the way spring comes to Buffalo, in fits and starts. Having one good day, made it worse.....

We're talking about replacing an area of garden in the back with grass and putting up a swing set for the grandkids. We have a nice fenced yard, it would be great to just let them go outside and play.... that is if it EVER WARMS UP!!!! We're looking at those tubular metal (cheap) ones, any opinions about those wooden ones? Worth the money? We don't want a monstrosity, still has to be kinda small....

Kinda nice to feel better. I guess I didn't realize how run down I'd become....

Take care out there,
m.

No comments: