Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Winter Classic

Well it's over!

Buffalo (my home town) hosted the 'Winter Classic' yesterday an NHL hockey game played outside at Ralph Wilson Stadium outside of Buffalo.

This was a very big deal for this town. I was offered tickets by my wife's boss and my daughter (#2) asked me if I'd like to go with her. Tickets sold out in like 5 minutes for this thing. Over 70,000 seats! It was the toughest ticket in town.

I just couldn't rationalize sitting out there in the cold all day. And we're talking all day. Buffalonians know how to party. The tailgaters were out bright and early for this one. I even heard they pelted the Penguins team bus with snowballs when they arrived. (Excellent work out there people!) I did watch parts of it, I am a hockey fan.

So Patti and I had the day to ourselves, which was really nice. We went out to breakfast together then I came home and popped a nice little 14.5 lb turkey in the oven for dinner.

So we caught the end of the game while eating a full-on turkey dinner in front of a nice fire.

Now I know, I missed an historical sporting event. But I still think I got the better part of the deal!

This town is a riot when it comes to its sports teams! And I think we looked pretty good on TV, even with all the snow! Did any of you catch the game?

m.

1 comment:

Blonde Goddess said...

I didn't watch anything yesterday. I went out and browsed a little. I looked for a good book to read and bought some Christmas clearance stuff.
It was a quiet day.