Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bath Pouf

I just don't get these things. My wife is a huge proponent of the bath pouf. First of all, what a stupid name for a bit of nylon or whatever they are made of. And I always thought that was a derogatory phrase for a gay man. Ah, the power of American marketing.

My wife periodically will pick these up at Target or Wal-mart color coordinated for each member of the family. Cycle out the old, in with the new...

Now I get that. I wouldn't want to use my twenty-something son #2's pouf. I mean, I don't want to use his towel.

My wife says they exfoliate your skin, which as we've all been told, is a good thing. (Exfoliate is of course from the ancient Greek roughly translated as 'road rash') Then of course, you'll need a body wash to apply to the pouf. But you're not supposed to use the body wash on your face, there is a totally separate soap dispenser in our shower for that.

Now I'm not a classic guy's guy. I don't hunt, I cook, I love spending time with my wife, I don't go out drinking with 'the boys'. I don't change the oil in my car, I hate freaking cars, they just take your money and break your heart (I feel a country western song coming on).

My wife is not the classic girl's girl either. She doesn't wear makeup (which I really like) and is not fussy about her appearance. I don't spend tons of time waiting for her to get ready while she does her hair and fusses. She looks great just the way she is.

But she's totally into the shower regimen thing.

Me, I like soap - you know that bar thing that people used to use (unless you're from France). And the pouf, to me just feels like your scratching a layer of skin off. And frankly, most guys I know (myself included) don't want to spend the day smelling like a pomegranate. And washing your naughty bits with one of these things I think could be deemed a method of torture by the U.N.

So I'll pass on the bath scratchies, thank you very much.

m.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't quite get the whole bath pouf thing either..and I'm a chick. I just don't think it can wash all the parts the right way...not to mention the germs growing on it..ew

Blonde Goddess said...

Some of my "parts" don't like it when the pouf washes them.
We use washcloths. CHEAP washcloths and believe me, they'll exfoliate your skin right now!

Michael said...

yeah, I couldn't get away from the exfoliating is removing dead skin cells, INTO THE POUF!!!
Yuck!
m.