Monday, November 5, 2007

um, yeah, I can do this

Hello all,
I need a weekend for my weekend... way too much going on these days, and this 40 hour work week is just getting in the way. I've come to a place in my 'career' where I view my job as a means to an end. I trade hours of my life for a paycheck. Not that I don't take my job seriously, I do, I'm a software developer and really do work pretty hard at it. But not THAT hard if you know what I mean. I'm at an age (47) where I value my time with my wife and family far above anything I can do outside my house. In fact, I'm getting to the point where I'm having trouble accepting social obligations. Ya know, going to the in-laws, birthdays etc.
Now that the last two kids are in graduate school, and we're basically empty nesters, its gotten even worse. We're getting to the point where we just don't leave the house. Unless it's for food... or wine!
Is that bad?
m.

No comments: