Thursday, November 29, 2007

overwhelmed

I don't know if it's the impending Christmas Holiday or just the way life is working right now, but man, there's just so many things these days that are just out of reach for me.

It comes from a good place I suppose. I'm a fixer. I want everyone to get along and do what needs to be done. But there's the trick. It's what I think should be done. And people just don't work that way. Most of the stuff that I wring my hands over are things that I really can't effect any real change over. I don't have control over time and space, even though somewhere inside me I must think that I do.

So I feel a bit helpless and ineffectual as a result.

One of my daughters is struggling in her marriage both financially and personally. Two of my other kids are having a major problems with each other right now. One of my clients at work's management has issues with my company's management. And I want to sit them all down and tell them how to make that better.

At the end of the day though, that's just arrogance. People feel how they feel, and most of the time feel pretty justified as to how they got there.

Oh, I've got opinions. Just ask, you'll get a bunch.

But it sure is hard for me to sit by and watch...
m.

No comments: