Monday, December 10, 2007

Excellent Weekend

Man, does an excellent weekend help!

Patti and I went to visit my daughter at her apartment. She is attending pharmacy school which is just a brutal program. She's already gone through 4 years of undergrad work and she is now in her first semester at grad school, which is another 4 years! She'll be a Dr. of Pharmacy (PharmD) when she's done and I think she was doubting herself before thanksgiving or so.

But Daughter #3 righted herself and is in fine shape going into finals week and her confidence has surged. She seems kinda tired to me, but she has been working very hard. All of the people she's with are pretty smart, you have to do well on a standardized test (PCAT) to apply, have all the prerequisite requirements and get through an interview even to get in to grad school. So the people she's with are no slouches. And she's at or above average on all her courses!

We went and caught a movie ('Before the Devil knows your Dead' - very dark, but pretty good - Marisa Tomei is very hot!) went out to eat and just hung out. Very nice.

And to complete the recuperative weekend Patti and I did a little around the house and barely left the house after our return home. I don't think we'd ever leave the house other than to get food if we had our choice!

So, good stuff, I feel rested and just a bit optimistic. (Which really doesn't happen that often and as a result makes me vaguely paranoid!!!)

How weird is that?
m.

No comments: