Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Nice

We had a great Christmas.

I really enjoyed my Christmas this year. My daughter's birthday is Christmas Eve, which is always nice. She's my pharmacy grad student, and I couldn't be more proud of her.

We had 9 guests for dinner and 2 extra for dessert. I am one blessed man. I have an amazing family.

So many of the people I know have all kinds of drama and stress around the holidays. We hung out, watched the grandkids open their presents and sat down to a terrific meal. (If I do say so myself)

It wasn't stressful, it was perfect! I am so grateful for my wife, children and grand children.

I am one lucky short, bald guy.
m.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Im glad to hear that you had such a nice day

Blonde Goddess said...

You are lucky.Very lucky. Your wife sounds like an incredible woman.

I shouldn't complain about my holiday but my mother can be trying at best.
I come from a dysfunctional family. It's to be expected I guess.

We still had a nice time...mostly.

Michael said...

Both Patti and I come from a dysfunctional families. Somehow, we've created a really nice family!
My mother is a real piece of work, sounds sorta like yours. I realized in my thirties it wasn't me, that she will NEVER be able to stop the critizing and no matter what I did there would be no atta boy. No approval.
So I made a conscious decision to just love her where she's at and really not give a shit about what she thinks. (Which isn't always easy to do, cuz she's my mom, sometimes it's an effort)
I am one lucky bastard!!! I totally know it!
I couldn't even imagine my life without Patti, she is an amazing partner and I'd be lost without her!
m.