Monday, December 17, 2007

Let it snow....

Oh, we got it pretty good over the weekend! Not as much as they predicted, but a good foot or so of snow!

We were supposed to go Christmas shopping yesterday, but I made a crock of french onion soup and we hung out in front of a fire watching 'Lawrence of Arabia'. It ended up being a pretty relaxing day!

Of course, I was out shoveling by 5:15 this morning, which isn't my favorite way of waking up.

The local news people were beating the drums big time over the storm. They are all about scaring everybody with this stuff. I mean, it's Buffalo. It snows. This wasn't even that big a deal. But to hear the local news it was a huge story. I really think the point of local news has become all about scaring the old people. They had everyone running out and buying bread and milk, just crazy.

If we were in a southern state, with no plows, salters or any of the rest, it would make more sense. I watched the weather channel and one of their big stories was that it snowed in Boston.
Well, yeah, it always snows in Boston in the winter. They don't do whole piece when it's sunny in Florida. Or is it just me?

More Christmas shopping tonight! So if you need a good dose of snow to get you in the Christmas spirit, you'll have no trouble getting it going today!
m.

1 comment:

Blonde Goddess said...

I love french onion soup. In fact you've inspired me to pick up a soup bone and make some on Wednesday when I'll be here all day baking anyway.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get a little snow here for Christmas.

Send some this way ok?