Thursday, December 6, 2007

Finally Friday (for me!)

I've got the day off tomorrow and I couldn't be happier. Excellent timing that.

We babysat 2 out of 3 grandkids yesterday. Jeez, what a ton of work. I'm 47 and I can't imagine chasing a 21 month old and a 7 year old around full time. I was a young dad and I know quite a few people that started their families later.

My wife's boss is 42 and has a 7, 5 and 3 year old. And I know I could do that, but I sure wouldn't want to.

By the time they left (only 8:30 or so), we booked for our room. I don't think my daughter had left the driveway and we were on our way up to bed!

We're going to visit my daughter at graduate school tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to seeing her and hanging out. I might even have 'fun'!
m.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Kids really are a handful. Luckily(or maybe not so lucky at the same time) I had my son YOUNG...so I'll get to be one of those parents that's just under 40 with a kid of legal age.

Blonde Goddess said...

I hope you enjoy your visit.